EH Award categories 2013
Each category is open to everyone in Europe this inc Turkey. Any hotel outside of EMEA can only enter the International category.
Where applicable, some categories have dates,
- Green Hotel of the Year – The Green Hotel Award recognises a hotel that maximises environmental operations within the hotel and efficient and innovative use of energy consumption. This category is open to all hotels making big steps in this area.
- Opening of the Year (new build) – This category recognises new projects that highlight innovative structural and interior design solutions in new build. This award will look at hotels opened for guests only from January 2011 – May 2013.
- Opening of the year (renovation or conversion) – The award encompasses interior design, building use and creative use of space. This award will look at hotels opened for guests only from January 2011 – May 2013.
- International Hotel of Year – This award is open to all countries outside Europe We are seeking the innovative design, interior and exterior that is setting trends for the hotel community across the world.
- Best Hotel Suite - We are looking at Interior design & use of space within the Suite. This also includes the technology used within the Suite.
- Best Hotel Marketing – This category recognises campaigns that have successfully positioned a hotel as a destination of choice through an innovative, unique marketing initiative
- Best Use Of Technology – Recognises hotels that have implemented technology to make the hotel more appealing to the guest, elevated the brand or defined the modernisation of the front and back office of the hotel.
- Hotelier of the Year – A personal award. This award will honour a GM and MD who stands out among their peers making a difference to the hotel in reputation, service and new business. This is a self-nominating category.
- Hotel Spa of the Year – The hotel spa award recognises the best use of interior space and spa installation. How the spa has had an impact of the reputation and brand of the hotel and how individual it is. This award can also recognise the supplier to which the hotel had contracted as well as the hotel.
- Innovation in Service – The Hotel Service Award will reward the hotel that presents impeccable service and guest retention and satisfaction to a hotel. Service is a major element to a hotels success and this EH Award will reward the hotel’s reputation and staff. We are looking for ways that the hotel has helped to improve life for their guests.
- Best Hotel Restaurant - Nominations for this category must be for restaurants which are run in conjunction with the hotel.
- Lifetime Achievement in the Hotel Community – Recognises a person for service to the Hotel Community and their body of work. This award will be award by the judges of the EH Awards and cannot be entered by the hotel, it is awarded by the judges.
- The European Hospitality Awards Hotel of the Year Winner – This is the final award that consist of the winners from each categories taken part in the EH Awards 2013 (You cannot enter this category)
Closing date to Nominations 28th of June 2013