LEAF Awards 201516th October 2015, London, UK
This year we are pleased to announce the Leaf Awards 2015 Gala Dinner will be held on the 16th October 2015 in London and it will follow on from the hugely successful one to one business meeting forum LEAF International Forum 14th-16th
With thirteen different categories dedicated to various types and aspects of building projects, the LEAF Awards provides every architect an ideal platform to have their work recognised and celebrated by the world’s elite architectural community.
22nd July 2015 - LEAF Awards Shortlist 2015 Officially Announced
The 12th annual LEAF Awards are delighted to announce its 2015 shortlist of entries. All of the shortlisted projects include buildings that are setting the benchmark for the international architectural community
LEAF Awards would like to thank all those who entered the Awards.
Categories this year include:
- Mixed-Use Building of the Year
- Residential Building of the Year - Single Occupancy - sponsored by Rossana
- Residential Building of the Year - Multiple Occupancy - sponsored by Rossana
- International Interior Design Award of the Year - sponsored by Laufen
- Commercial Building of the Year - sponsored by Havells Sylvania
- Hospitality Building of the Year
- Refurbishment of the Year - sponsored by Kingspan
- Public Building of the Year
- Best Sustainable Development of the Year - sponsored by GIRA
- Best Future Building of the Year - Drawing Board - sponsored by ABB
- Best Future Building of the Year - Under Construction - sponsored by ABB
- Urban Design of the Year
- Best Façade Design and Engineering of the Year - sponsored by AGC
- Developer of the Year - sponsored by Lutron
- Lifetime Achievement of the Year 2015
We would like to say a special thank you to all of our judges:
- Alan Crawford -Founder, Crawford Partnership Architects
- Valerie Evans -Director, Architecture, Atkins Global
- Adrian Gainer - Regional Leader, Science and Technology, HOK
- Firas Hnoosh - Director, BDP
- Božana Komljenović – Associate, Zaha Hadid Architects
- Lukasz Platkowski - Tall Buildings Practice Area Leader, Principal, Gensler
- Heinz Richardson - Director, Jestico + Whiles
- Jim Rimelspach - Principal and Founder, Wilson Associates
- Peter Shaw – Global Board Director, Aedas / RHWL
Read comments from two of our judges, Firas Hnoosh and Alan Crawford, below:
“Very interesting and very strong designs! It was hard to pick! It’s very exciting to see the LEAF Awards bringing together such talented firms, large and small, from all-over the globe!”
Firas Hnoosh - March ARB RIBA LEED AP, Design Director, BDP
“It’s been a little trickier this year with more entries in each category, however, as usual some entries really stand out as special (for me) against the backdrop of others that are not quite as special, and these that do shine out are not always as a result of their vast scale, or what must often be huge development costs (which I only wish had been given to the designers of the more special projects that I have selected), that show flair and imagination on what are probably more reduced budgets."
Alan Crawford - Managing Director, Crawford Partnership
For further background information on the 2015 shortlist, please contact:
Luisa de Vita
T: +44 (0)20 79366847
Lifetime Achievement of the Year - LEAF AWARDS 2015 - MOSHE SAFDIE
Moshe Safdie, the noted architect, urban planner, educator, theorist, and author, has been announced as the recipient of the 2015 Lifetime Achievement Award from the LEAF Awards. The award recognizes Safdie’s enduring contribution to the built environment.
Safdie, who recently received the 2015 AIA Gold Medal from the American Institute of Architects, is a global architect with a lasting and far-reaching impact. Born in Haifa, Israel, in 1938, Safdie graduated from McGill University in 1961 with a degree in architecture. After apprenticing with Louis I. Kahn, Safdie returned to Montreal to oversee the master plan for the 1967 World Exposition. In 1964 he established his own firm to realize Habitat ‘67, an adaptation of his undergraduate thesis, which was the central feature of the Exposition and a groundbreaking design in the history of architecture.
Over the past 50 years, Safdie has realized a wide range of projects all over the world, including Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum, Jerusalem; National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa; United States Institute of Peace Headquarters, Washington, D.C.; Khalsa Heritage Memorial Complex, the national museum of the Sikh people in India; Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville, Arkansas; and Marina Bay Sands Integrated Resort, Singapore.
Hailed for his comprehensive and humane design philosophy, Safdie’s work is responsive to local historic, cultural, and environmental contexts and grows out of his vision of the transformative power of the public realm. The award will be conferred upon Moshe Safdie at a gala celebration Leaf Awards, in London on October 16, 2015.
Photograph of Moshe Safdie by Stephen Kelly
We are delighted to announce that Havell’s Sylvania will host an exclusive lightning roundtable discussion as part of the LEAF Forum 2015 October 15th-16th, Programme taking place in London.We are also pleased to confirm to Havell’s Sylvania as the official category sponsor for Commercial Building of the Year at the LEAF Forum, October 16th 2015.
Moshe Safdie, the noted architect, urban planner, educator, theorist, and author, has been announced as the recipient of the 2015 Lifetime Achievement Award from the Emirates Glass LEAF Awards. The award recognizes Safdie’s enduring contribution to the built environment.
Video:LEAF Awards Video Highlights
Entries for the LEAF Awards 2015 are now open. To submit an entry into this years awards, please submit the completed entry form to one of the representatives for the LEAF Awards 2015
We are delighted to announce and present Rossana UK as the official category sponsor for Residential Building of the year - Single and Multiple Occupancy Established in Italy since 1953, Rossana has a rich heritage and was the first kitchen brand to be exhibited in New York’s Museum of Modern Art (m.o.m.a). Rossana is renowned for working with local Italian artisans to produce ground breaking designs under the careful stewardship of Design Director ...