Beverage Packaging Roundtable Forum 2021
DAY 1|22nd April 2021
9:00 am SUSTAINABILTIY KEYNOTE: A world without waste - Circular packaging and sustainability
Over the past few years, the notion of a circular economy and concerns over plastic pollution have been pushed centre stage, as major organisations have pledged to cut plastic waste by 2025. And with consumer attitudes towards single use plastics gradually changing, in this sustainability keynote we will hear from one industry leader on how they are on working on ways to improve recycling, increase resource efficiency and the reduce environmental impact of their products.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle – changing consumer behaviour and how packaging can respond
- Rethinking packaging design – sustainable, functional & beautiful
- How sustainable is sustainable packaging and how realistic is sustainable growth after Covid-19?
- What are the implications for the supply chain?
Hans van Bochove
Vice President, Public Affairs & Government Relations
Coca Cola European Partners
9:45 am INNOVATION KEYNOTE: Technology leads the way in packaging innovation
Intense competition and changing consumer preferences in the fast-moving drinks market is driving innovation in packaging and design on an unprecedented scale. How a beverage is packaged, and deciding on which material to use, is critical to cost, design, sustainability, size and the overall weight of the product. In this session, we will focus on innovation and take a deep dive into the different circular materials and technologies that promise to make a difference, and what we can do to reduce waste right now.
- Investing in new technologies – turning the tide on the plastic waste crisis
- Exploring the recyclability of different materials
- Balancing sustainability with usability – what do consumers want?
Circular Packaging Global Director
10:30 am Session reserved for Sponsorship
11:15 am Roundtable round 1
12:15 pm Roundtable round 2
1:15 pm Break & 121 Meetings
1:45 pm ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT KEYNOTE: No time to waste – a collborative approach to sustainability
Tackling plastic waste is high on the European political agenda, and has led to a deep understanding in the beverage industry of our responsibility of to operate as sustainable as possible. We need to take action now!
In this session, we will hear how Pepsico’s has committed to dramatically accelerate the use of rPET bottles, and to achieve sustainability across all operations. Through cooperation and collaboration, we can eliminate plastic waste in the near future.
- Ambitious targets to reduce the emissions created in packaging and eliminating use virgin plastic
- Industrywide collaboration – engaging policy makes, the supply chain and consumers
- Reviewing innovation breakthroughs in the use of recycled plastic and the reduction of overall packaging
Director Environmental Policy
2:30 pm The shifting priorities of the packaging consumer
- The increasing sophistication of the sustainability conversation
- COVID-19’s impact on health concerns
- Channel developments and the rising prominence of e-commerce
Director of Packaging Consultant
3:00 pm Closing Panel Discussion
Are you a solution provider to the beer industry? Do you want to meet with hundreds of industry leaders under one roof? If so, to enquire about sponsorship opportunities for the conference, please contact:
Head of Business Development, Consumer Events
T: 0207 936 6794