International Power Summit 2021
DAY 1|25th February 2021
DAY 2|26th February 2021
9:00 am Opening Address: Preparing for the new normal - an outlook on the impact of COVID-19 in the energy industry in 2020 and what to expect onwards
- How has coronavirus changed work culture, tools and workflows?
- Planning for additional volatility and risk
- Will it change the way we deal with supply chain demand?
- Automation and digitalisation as important allies for enhanced resiliency
- Lessons learned
9:30 am Panel Discussion: Long term roadmap for development and regulatory framework for Renewable Energy in Europe
- Enhancing energy security with governments and regulators
- Regulation and policy roadmap after COVID-19
- Green Deal and clean energy package
- Will coronavirus push sustainability and climate change down the list of concerns or up?
- Key government activities to support development of the renewables industry – current programmes, projects, initiatives and regulatory changes to attract investments
10:15 am Morning networking break
10:30 am Business meeting 1
11:00 am Business meeting 2
11:30 am The future of gas power generation in Europe
- Understanding the importance of gas power generation towards a greener energy landscape
- Utilising gas to support the generation mix and keep systems stable
- What is the projection for gas demand in 10-20 years?
12:00 pm Conventional and renewable energy project financing
- How are financial models being structured to access the project finance?
- Financial structuring in light of the latest crisis
- Understanding what it takes to achieve successful financing of large scale projects
12:30 pm Discussing Hydrogen: from generation to trade, storage, combustion and transportation
- The importance of Hydrogen for the energy transition
- Best practices on utilising existing units previously built for natural gas
- Potential markets for renewable hydrogen
- Future use of decarbonised hydrogen for power generation
1:00 pm Lunch
2:00 pm Business meeting 3
2:35 pm Business meeting 4
3:10 pm Electric mobility is already at our doors – assessing its potential and development in Europe
- How can electric vehicles transform the utility sector?
- What is already happening: real life cases
- Understanding how electric mobility can be an enabler of electricity market boost
- How to be prepared for its growth and not being caught with unexpected peak load compromising the grid?
- Are utilities and governments exploring the synergies between energy and transportation sectors?
3:40 pm Understanding how to maximise ROI and efficiency on photovoltaic solar assets
- What are the main challenges and opportunities on PV asset management?
- Implementing innovative solutions for increased O&M efficiency
- Assessing new technologies and innovations for high efficiency PV systems
4:10 pm Afternoon Coffee Break
4:30 pm Business meeting 5
5:00 pm Harnessing the power of distributed energy systems such as microgrids, BESS and PV to solve energy challenges
- Global trends, opportunities and barriers in Europe
- Consumers as generators and its commercial impacts: future transactions using blockchain
- Understanding how to effectively integrate renewable energy into microgrids
- Resilience and reliability of power in urban settings
5:30 pm Applying disruptive technologies for a predictive approach in power plants
- Why is it so important to adopt predictive maintenance?
- How to avoid damages and reduce the cost of maintenance
- Overcoming technical challenges with the use of sensors, predictive analytics and cloud-based technology
6:00 pm Chair’s closing remarks
6:30 pm Drinks Reception
8:50 am Chair’s opening remarks
9:00 am The roadmap to achieving power plant digital transformation
- Understand how digitalisation can be a game-changer for the power generation industry
- Discussing best practices for the wider digitalisation of power generation
- What technologies should we be looking at? IIOT, machine learning, artificial intelligence
9:30 am Panel Discussion: Future relationship between renewable and conventional plants
- What is the role of conventional power plants in future energy systems?
- How will renewable interface with fossil fuelled producers?
10:15 am Morning networking break
10:30 am Business meeting 6
11:00 am Business meeting 7
11:35 am The future of conventional generation technology in a carbon-neutral world
- What is the role of traditional and thermal generation technology going forward?
- How do you transform conventional generation technology to use renewable gas or hydrogen, thus making it carbon-neutral?
- Ancillary services and generation back-up: The future of conventional generation?
12:05 pm Business model and current status of energy storage
|· How to value energy storage as an investment?
· Grid scale battery usage x small scale
· Battery storage technologies and economic viability
· What is the role of electric vehicles in the energy storage industry
· Optimising and transforming residential energy storage structure
12:40 pm Business Meeting 8
1:10 pm Lunch
2:00 pm Reviewing methods to optimise life cycle management of gas and steam plants
|· Role of performance and condition monitoring as well as predictive maintenance to optimising plant O&M
· Complexities of scheduling downtime, start-up/ shutdown and spinning reserves, along with constraints of SOx and NOx emissions
· Optimising scheduling of refurbishments and investments through plant lifecycle management
2:35 pm Business meeting 9
3:10 pm Business meeting 10
3:45 pm Gas turbines and the changing environment
|· How can you boost the performance of existing gas turbine and piston engines?
· Discovering the new developments on gas turbines worldwide and their current challenges
· The impact of high temperature on gas turbines
4:15 pm Utilising Nuclear Power energy to meet new power and climate needs
- What are the advantages and challenges in 2021 for nuclear power plants?
- Can small modular reactors help us go carbon free?
- Ensuring power plant safety
- How to effectively deal with long-term waste management
4:45 pm Panel Discussion: A balance of the environmental and social impacts of renewables
|· Renewable energy transition: collective efforts into the path to decarbonisation
· Are we hitting the targets promised on the Paris Agreements?
· How is the world benefiting from clean energy and what should we expect when the target is achieved?
· From public health benefits, to job creation, and more dignity to families in remote areas: the importance of renewables in our world
· Electrification in developing countries
5:30 pm Chair’s closing remarks and Close of International Power Summit 2020
Former Group CEO, Member of the Board
NUR Power Sdn Bhd